Past 2021 Walks:
“I Gave My Sole for Parkinson’s” Walk is a team/pledge walk event that raises critical funds for the Michigan Parkinson Foundation (MPF). In 2021, the walk events are offered in Metro Detroit (Birmingham), East Lansing and Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The walks feature a 1- or 3-Mile walk route, healthy snacks, health fair exhibit, and Parkinson Exercise Demonstrations.
The funds raised will support:
- Financial Assistance for in-home respite care
- Daily Parkinson Exercise Classes led by physical therapists who specialize in neurological disorders and Yoga instructors who are certified in Adaptive Yoga.
- Professional Education Symposiums
- Parkinson Caregiving Training Module
- FREE Newly Diagnosed Patient Information Package
- Medication Assistance
- Weekly Patient Education Programs
- Full Time Staff Social Worker
- Pro-bono Legal Guidance
- 76 Parkinson Support Groups in Michigan
Our goal is to ensure that every person with Parkinson's and related disorders will receive responsive, compassionate, and quality care. Whether you have a family member or loved one who lives with Parkinson’s, or are simply looking to participate in a walk event for charity, MPF's "I Gave My Sole for Parkinson’s" walk is a fun day of comradery and a great way to MOVE in support of a worthwhile cause!
Recruit your family, friends and coworkers and form a team OR walk as an individual…either way sign up today! We need your support!